Companion Character Rules
I am thinking that your companion characters should be 3 levels lower than your actual character… so currently they are level 5.
Crafting a Unique Companion Character
- Choose Level (5)
- Choose Role
- Choose Race (preselected for you)
- Generate Ability Scores: just like normal 1st level characters, no improvements for higher levels.
- Determine Hit Points and Healing Surges: see table
- Calculate Defenses: see table, optionally you may increase one non-AC defense by 2 by reducing another non-AC defense by 2.
- Select Powers: Choose a character class from your role. Pick one at-will attack, one encounter attack, and one utility power. Powers must be same level or lower than character.
- Assign Feature: see table
- Calculate Attack Bonus: attack = 4 + level, add weapon bonus if attack uses weapons. Do not apply modifiers for ability scores or magic items.
- Calculate Damage Bonus: add appropriate ability modifier to damage rolls as normal. In addition, the character adds one-half his or her level to all damage rolls.
- Choose Skills: Choose two trained skills for the companion character. Calculate skill check modifiers the same way as for a PC (half level + ability mod + training). Include racial bonuses if applicable.
- Choose Equipment: assign gear to character based off role, powers, and appearance. Armor and shields don’t actually add to defenses, weapons only apply their attack bonus.
- Roleplaying Details: flesh out alignment, personality, appearance and beliefs. 1 paragraph background. 1 plot hook or quest.
|Hit Points||(level x 4) + 6 + Con score||(level x 6) + 9 + Con score||(level x 5) + 7 + Con score||(level x 5) + 7 + Con score|
|Healing Surges||6 + Con modifier||9 + Con modifier||7 + Con modifier||6 + Con modifier|
|Armor Class||13 + level||17 + level||15 + level||15 + level|
|Other Defenses||13 + level||13 + level||13 + level||13 + level|
|Role Features||Once per encounter as a free action, a controller can extend an effect on an enemy to end at the of his net turn rather than his current turn||When a defender hits an enemy with a melee basic attack, the defender marks the target until the end of her next turn||Twice per encounter as a minor action, a leader can allow an ally within 5 squares of the leader to spend a healing surge||Once per round, a striker deals 1d6 extra damage when he hits an enemy he has combat advantage against|